Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Urban canoe adventure

Last weekend we ventured to Veterans Memorial State Park in Boise with the Sevylor Colorado. Inflating the canoe and installing the seats took about 15 minutes to complete. I ended up storing the pump and canoe storage bag in the mesh cargo bag and secured it in the stern with plenty of room for additional items. My digital camera stored nicely in the seatback storage bag but I think I will bring my waterproof container for it and other important items next time. The canoe is easy to paddle and it tracks quite well (a few online reviews complain that the Colorado tracks poorly). The lake wasn't real big so we spent a little over an hour paddling from one end to the other looking at the ducks and trying to see fish in the murky water.

Sevylor's first trip

Sevylor's first trip

Sevylor's first trip

Sevylor's first trip

Sevylor's first trip

The canoe is a bit awkward to carry long distances in the storage bag so I think next time I will bring a pack frame to carry it on. Better PFD's (life jackets) are on their way too. Other than that, I'm very happy with it. I'm looking forward to exploring Wallowa lake in Oregon soon!

No comments: