Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Xtracycle Footsies review


Xtracycle Footsie, originally uploaded by Monkeykun.

The set of Xtracycle Footsies I ordered showed up last week.
I probably could have fabricated my own but I wanted to try the real deal first. After a closer inspection, I was disappointed with the quality of the left side footsie platform. It appears that the varnish hadn't quite dried before it was stacked on top of a like unit causing the Xtracycle decal to flake off in a few places. No big deal really, just disappointing for $59.00 shipped (from Xtracycle). Anyway, they install nicely on the Dummy frame and velco keeps them in place securely. They lack the "springy plunger" that the Wideloaders come equipped with, I think it would be nice if the Footsies had the same feature.

If I made my own, I would use bamboo plywood, make a cool stencil to spray paint on the surface of them, and maybe make a few extras to sell at a reasonable price to other people who want to transport other
people.

No comments: