Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Monday Commute


commuter computer, originally uploaded by Monkeykun.

Riding home Monday after work I was stopped at a traffic light waiting for the go when I glanced back to see an older guy on a road bike waiting behind me. A bicycle commuter perhaps? Feeling strong and confident about the 1.5 mile section of roadway until the next traffic light, I decided to see if he could keep up. When the light turned green I unleashed the fury. About a mile later I looked back and he was still there! As we neared the stop light I started winding down when he pulled up next to me chuckled and said "that's a large bag you got there", (my timbuk2 filled with 2 days worth of work clothes, water bottle, a book, and camera) "yeah" I said, "you're pretty fast!". He smiled, the light turned green before we had to stop, so I jumped in the left turn lane and he kept heading west.

No comments: